My Tools (Quals & Training)
Welcome to my Tool Kit
I pride myself on my depth and breadth of knowledge and skills that comes from the investment in my Professional Kinesiology Practitioner (PKP) Diploma and the additional courses and workshops that have helped me be the practitioner I am today. They have all contributed to the skills I can bring to the table to support my clients on their Best Self journey.
A PKP Kinesiologist is a master of muscle testing, and works to a protocol that makes the process of change sometimes seem magical and easy even when the clients underlying story may be complex and inaccessible to other forms of therapy.
Just to give you some insight into the areas I have been trained in I’ve popped in some of the details about the specific modules. You know, for the people who like details. You know who you are don’t hide from it.
Diploma of Kinesiology
- Mastery of Emotional Stress Release
- Subconscious Self Perception – sabotages, attitude reversals and conflicts, self image and reactive self image stresses
- Flower Essences – Australian Bush Flower Essences, Bach Flower Essences, NZ Bush Flower Essences
- Metaphysical Vibrational Energy Fields – Crystals & gems, tissue salts, Miasms (Inheritance Factors), Chakras, Auric Fields, Polarity & Reactive Chakras & Auras
- Lifestyle and Dietary Modification – Hydration, cellular health, liver function, immune mismatch response (allergies / hypersensitivities), Integration of organs, blood sugar balancing, nutritional analysis, Riddler points, and emotional conflicts with food.
- Adrenal, Geopathic and Life Energy – 6 stages of adrenal fatigue, geopathic and electromagnetic stress
- Muscle and Skin Activation – Dermotomes, Myotomes, skin receptors, scar integration, blood chemistry, Cranial and Hand stress receptors, Hyoid muscles and bone, intercostal muscle resets.
- Shoulder / Arm / Hand Muscles – testing and correcting all the muscles acting on these regional areas
- Hip / Leg / Foot Muscles – Testing and correcting all the muscles acting on these regional areas.
- Head / Neck and Torso Muscles – Testing and correcting:- Fascial muscles, eye muscles, lingual diaphragm and tongue muscles, Neck muscles, throat, larynx and vocal fold muscles, torso muscles.
- TMJ & Cranials – Testing and correcting all muscles acting on the Temporomandibular joint and balancing around cranial bones.
- Ligaments and Joints – Shock absorbers, ligament stretch plus adrenal interactions, contralateral joint interactions,
- Brain Integration and Learning Difficulties – Proprioceptors, Cranial bones, Vision Education, Testing and correcting stress on postures, movements, nutritional imbalances, Brain integration (Left, Right and Corpus Collosum); Common Integrative Area, Polarity, Fixations
- Advise on Health and Nutritional Products and Services
- Infection Control
- Mentoring and Communication
- Cultural Diversity
- Workplace Health and Safety
- 200 hours of Supervised Clinic
Cert IV Kinesiology
- Muscle Testing and Energisers
- Chinese 5 Element Theory and Meridians
- 170 Hours of Anatomy and Physiology – including muscle and structure functions, movements, synergistic and antagonistic muscles, balancing and corrections
- Finger Modes and Protocol Balancing Techniques
- Pain Reduction Techniques to reduce physical pain
- Balancing with Food and Nutrition
- Advanced Muscle Techniques – Reactive Muscles and Postural Assessments
Additional Kinesiology Studies
- Sabotage Programs Masterclass – Self Esteem, Love, Oxygen, Money – By the Bay Kinesiology
- Complete Immune System – Dr Charles Krebs
- Attitude with Essences – Jacque Mooney
- Tibetan Figure 8’s – Jacque Mooney
- Simply the Brain – Jacque Mooney
- Ankle Injury Recovery – Naturally Better Education
- Hyperton-X Sports Kinesiology – Frank Mahony System
- Hyperon-X Advanced Sports Kinesiology – Frank Mahony System
- Pelvic Postures and Sacral Balancing – PKP (PDG 301)
- Pelvic Diaphragm Balancing – PKP (PDG 302)
- Body Code & Emotion Code – Dr Bradley Nelson
- Chakra Healing Kinesiology – By the Bay Kinesiology
- Innate Energy Healing – Dr Peter Esdaile
Neural Organisation Therapy (N.O.T.)
Based on the 4 Survival Systems of Feeding, Reproduction, Fight/Flight, Limbic/Immune
In order to understand how the basic physiological functions work today we must first look at the primitive origins. The four survival areas: – Feeding – Digestion, Reproduction – Cellular & Sexual, Fight or Flight, and Limbic/Immune systems.
No matter what circumstances we encounter , big or small, it must always involve one or more of the four survival systems. These innate systems allow us to respond to certain stimuli, to sustain, protect, repair and or create new life. These working together ensure the survival of the individual and the species. Although there are only 4 basis survival systems, they interact in complex arrangements and synergies to organise the bodily functions and utilises these systems or parts thereof, over and over to create and run neurological programs. These programs run ‘In relation to’ specific aspects of our lives in how we function; respond and react to things around us; our digestion, hormones, growth and development, emotional regulation and all neurological programs – conscious and unconscious.
Basically everything we need for survival (with the exception of food, air and water) must be found in the body. The Body is a self-healing, self-regulating, and self-perpetuating system that has inborn or innate, integrated, fully automatic systems to maintain and sustain itself.
That’s where N.O.T. becomes a powerful tool for re-setting and re-establishing these systems into proper functioning. Looking at the person and their body as a whole not just an arm, leg or toe that can be cut off if it is problematic. Wellness can only occur when we have a harmoniously function nervous system, and prevention rather than cure is the approach a person chooses. N.O.T. focuses on correcting the problem BEFORE they manifest as a health problem.
Total Body Modification (TBM)
TBM is a time-tested, easy to use system of healing that relies primarily on analysing the client’s body through kinesiologic evaluations and TBM specific body points and radionically charged TBM Test vials. In TBM we don’t suppress or ignore the client’s symptoms, we seek to respond to them in a way that restores the body’s ability to heal and maintain itself. In TBM we use nutrition to support, but not drive the healing process, therefore significantly reducing the amount of nutritional supplementation a client may need.
The TBM Basics are a suite of body points and functions which can help identify and balance body systems and their functions to allow them to return to optimal functioning. By balancing these points on the body we effectively remove the roadblocks and allow the body to heal itself and return to balance. The Autonomic Recovery Program also allows the body to reset the overall tone of the autonomic nervous system functions, safely detoxifies the body, re-establishes healthy regulation of blood sugar and trains the client how to listen to their bodies needs.
TBM Pathologies provides mechanisms and balancing techniques to help clients who suffer with viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections, degenerative conditions like lupus, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, immunological breakdown and seen in cancer and AIDS, neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. This modality also provides protocols for safely detoxifying the body of toxic metals, destress from vaccinations, together with protocols for kidney, gall bladder and liver stones.
TBM practices are not intended to cure these conditions but aid the practitioner in providing Kinesiologic and Nutritional support to this client demographic to support their body towards a higher state of wellness.
- Module 1 – Basic Physiological Exam & Autonomic Recovery Program
- Module 2 – Basic structural, Allergy, Emotional, Energy, Learning and Immunological Exams, Harmonisation sequences, and Emotional Techniques
- Module 3 – Pathologies
Other Training and Workshops, personal development and experiences from my previous careers
So I’ve seen a few sunsets both literally and in my work life. Before I was a Kinesiologist I worked in Public service for almost 20 years, give or take a bit of maternity leave and some career breaks.
After my first child and the maternity leave, I took some time off to pursue a Tupperware Career. I had my own team, was the top New Manager the year I started as a manager, earnt a 9 night all expenses paid trip to Hong Kong, and had a Tupperware car. I learnt a lot of great skills about networks, selling, promotions, rewards and recognition, team building and running my own business. I think I spent most of the profits on Tupperware though – whoops. To this day I have more Tupperware than is really necessary for any one family, just saying.
In and around some more maternity leave and various public service roles, I left public service again to work in my Husbands business, 5th Dimension Design (shameless plug). I ran the business side of things looking after all the financial aspects, payroll, marketing, logistics, and business building and networking. We had a bit of a hiccup with a less that honourable client and I had the opportunity to learn about debt collection, small claims court and fake counter claims. All that being said though 5th Dimension Design is still going strong today. I’m just not in it as much as I was.
Amongst all of that I have been in public service in heaps of different roles. Senior Administration Officer, Regional Manager for Finance and Admin, Contract Manager to NGO’s, I’ve managed projects and been an Analyst for the compliance of data and services delivered. None of which really float my boat, but it paid the bills, allowed me lots of flexibility with my career, kids and work life balance and I had the opportunity to gather lots of skills and knowledge that have helped me be who I am today and supported me while I transitioned to a new career. One that makes my heart SING!!
I do feel very blessed to have had the opportunity for so much personal growth and development from so many sources over my working life. Below are a couple more courses and workshops I’ve done that I still use and bring with me as skills when I’m working with clients as a Kinesiologist.
- Head Start Goal Setting and Planning
- Personal Success Intensive Workshop
- Heal Grow Create Retreat for Personal Development
- Cert IV in Small Business Management
- Cert IV in Workplace Trainer / Assessor
- Conflict Resolution, Mediation and Facilitation Skills
- Change Management and Leadership
- Advanced Project Management
- Developing and Implementing Teams
- Ethical Standards and Information Privacy